Early Voting: Monday, October 22 to Friday, November 2. Election Day: Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
Voter Registration Verification
Early Voting Locations
Precinct 2 Concerns
The following are some of the concerns that I will address during my tenure as Constable. I am interested in hearing your input and concerns as well! Please contact me so I can arrange to be at your next event.
- Preservation of Life Standard for Use of Force: The incumbent Constable's policy protects improper behavior and allows broad discretion regarding the use of deadly force.
Our deputies must remember that their basic responsibility is to protect life, regardless of the nature of the crime or the justification for firing at a suspect. Deputies shall not fire under conditions that would unnecessarily subject bystanders or hostages to death or possible injury, except to preserve life or to prevent serious bodily injury. Deadly force is an act of last resort and will be used only when other reasonable alternatives fail.
- Community Based Policing: I will make myself or command staff available to hear concerns of local crime trends in your community. I am always available to hear you day or night, and I promise I will address your concerns as swiftly as possible. So let's bridge the gap between the Constables office and the neighborhood watch programs across the precinct. No concern is too small to hear.
- Burglaries and Robberies: I want to educate the community to minimize the risk of burglary and robbery by using preventive measures. As the Constable I want to make it a priority to inform the public of the most up to date crime-fighting tools for prevention. This is something that is near and dear to me, and I feel that no one should ever feel unsafe in their own home.
- Security for our Children: Our children should be one of our top priorities. It is important to eliminate speeding in school zones and work with local school district police forces to ensure safety in the classroom. My office will work with parents to help in any way we can to keep the children of our community safe.
- Developing Trust in the Community: Your elected Constable should be accessible and available to address the concerns of the citizens of Precinct Two. When elected, I will hold regularly scheduled town hall meetings where the citizens can share ideas and problems face to face with their Constable.
- Efficient Use of Resources: Reducing wasteful spending and increasing revenues, while keeping in mind the tax-paying citizens' interests, will always be a priority. Cooperation, not competition, between law enforcement agencies is one of many ways to accomplish this goal. All agencies must learn to work together toward common goals of serving the community and keeping our citizens safe.
- Safe Neighborhoods and Communities: I want to develop closer ties within the Precinct's neighborhoods and communities. I will accomplish this by identifying the uniquely different problems that are so often inherent to the diverse neighborhoods and communities within the Precinct. I will ensure that my staff is properly trained to develop comprehensive strategic plans of action whereby both the Constable's Office and the citizens within that area of concern have input and, most importantly, get results.